Material Handler | Shipper/Receiver | Brantford
In this role you will be working as a Material Handler / Shipper Receiver, also assisting where required for cycle counting and related duties. You will be in close communication with various departments within the organization on stock, parts and inventory related matters on a daily and on-going basis. You will also help coordinate efficient flow of materials and finished goods into and out of the production process.
Afternoon Shift - 4x10 hour shifts - Monday to Thursday; $3/hour shift premium applies!
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below.
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- Safely operate forklift and perform daily inspections
- Review paperwork to locate parts, transporting to departments throughout the plant
- Load, unload, move and pack products and materials by hand or with material handling equipment (Forklift, Overhead Crane)
- Operate computerized inventory control systems
- Ensures that all products are moved and stored in a safe manner
- Responds to calls / emails from external and internal customers
- Manage priorities and tasks efficiently, with an ever-changing schedule
- Follow written directions; interpret schedules, shipping documents and drawings
- Handle parts inventory location maintenance - maintain and create bin locations
- Cycle counting, reconcile calculated inventories with physical counts
- Scan bins & requisition parts to Purchasing for ordering
- Verify stock availability from current inventory
- Monitor inventory levels of issued materials and stocks
- Dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Help keep shop and warehouse clean and organized
- Communicate with project managers and supervisors to understand production schedules
- Coordinate with the purchasing manager to expedite inventory replenishment
- Inspect goods to ensure proper quality and quantity
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Computer skills: data entry and knowledge of MS Office (Email, Calendar, Word, Excel)
- Writing skills: enter information on forms, work orders, etc.
- Math skills: perform accurate counts and scheduling
- Counterbalance and/or Reach truck experience
- Effective organization, problem solving and time management skills
- Physically able to handle demands of tasks – walking, bending, reaching
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems is an asset
- Previous experience with metal parts in an industrial setting is an asset
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Inventory Control
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, April 24, 2023
- 54 Morton Avenue East, 54 Morton Avenue East, Brantford, Ontario, Canada