Planner | Materials Management | Paris
As the Materials and Production Planner, you will be working in close communication with management, engineering, and production employees daily and will be expected to design, develop, test and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics along with material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
Day Shift - 5 x 8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Work with Value Stream Leader in coordinating and planning material flow
- Plan and schedule material processes according to production schedule
- Monitor the production plan and resolve any potential material issues in a timely fashion
- Escalate complex issues to Value Stream Leaders for resolution
- Investigate production problems; analyze root causes and systems, including MRP, Kanban, and Heijunka to improve material consistency
- Communicate material status to Value Stream Leaders and Managers on regular basis
- Analyze back orders, current, and upcoming orders to prioritize material flow
- Plan material requirements to execute production orders
- Coordinate with Value Stream Leaders in planning and implementing engineering change notice’s (ECN’s) in production lines
- Plan inventory management processes to avoid shortages
- Monitor production progress and ensure that all materials are scheduled to arrive on time
- Analyze delays and shortages; communicate production material requirements to meet delivery dates
- Maintain reports for Value Stream Leaders and Managers
- Meet with Value Stream Leaders daily to stay up to date with schedules and priorities
- Work with Value Stream team to further the development or MRP accuracy and build an efficient ordering practice for intercompany materials
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate of materials management courses including supply chain, logistics, operations, production planning and materials management
- Materials Management, Purchasing, or Production Planning and Control experience an asset
- Detail oriented, precise, and efficient problem solving & time management skills
- Previous experience in repeat data entry while ensuring accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with active listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and disciplines
- High level of skill with MS 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience an asset
- Working knowledge of MRP systems an asset
- A desire to learn and take initiative to always improve
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, April 17, 2023
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada