Cycle Counter | Inventory and Production Control | Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Tigercat is seeking a Cycle Counter associate, in our production & inventory control department. You will be in close communication with various departments within the organization on matters on a daily and on-going basis. You may also help coordinate efficient flow of materials and finished goods into and out of the production process.
Day shift: 5 x 8 hour shifts per week, Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Operate computerized inventory control systems
- Process accurate inventory controls, cycle counts, and physical inventory counts
- Analyze job costing for inaccuracies
- Manage priorities and tasks efficiently, with an ever-changing schedule
- Handle parts inventory location maintenance - maintain and create bin locations
- Cycle counting, reconcile calculated inventories with physical counts
- Verify stock availability from current inventory
- Monitor inventory levels of issued materials and stocks
- Working with Purchasing and Vendors to help expedite part shortages
- Dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Help keep shop and warehouse clean and organized
- Communicate effectively with purchasing, supervisors and other personnel as required
- Set goals and objectives following Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Inspect goods to ensure proper quality and quantity
- Identify potential shortages or problems and address the issue to prevent production stoppage or slow downs
- Physically demanding position that requires continual walking, climbing and bending
- back up to the front desk administrator; greeting guests, and employees
- Process time and attendance transactions as well as error jobs
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively Computer skills: data entry and knowledge of MS Office (Email, Calendar, Word, Excel)
- Writing skills: enter information on forms, work orders, etc.
- Math skills: perform accurate counts and scheduling
- Knowledge in Lean initiatives for reducing inventory
- Effective organization, problem solving and time management skills
- Physically able to handle demands of tasks – walking, bending, reaching
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems an asset
- Overhead crane and forklift experience are an asset
- Previous experience with parts in an industrial setting is an asset
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Inventory Control
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- 1556 Industrial Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada