Mechanical Assembler | Sub Assembly - Engines | Paris
As a Heavy Equipment Assembler, you will fit and assemble components according to blueprints, manuals, and engineering memos to assemble premium quality, purpose-built forestry equipment.
Day Shift - 5x8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Clean and inspect components used in sub assemblies
- Assemble, fit and install fabricated parts
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring components
- Fasten parts and finish products using both hand, air and power tools
- Check mechanical assemblies and sub assemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Inspect finished products for proper quality
- Complete rework, repair and/or replace damaged parts or assemblies when required
- Work with Lead Hands to build a quality process including verification of work before passing to main line assembly
Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude through effective and friendly communication
- Read and interpret assembly drawings
- Able to operate and use various hand and power tools
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands with the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good level or manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination
- Ability to bend, crouch, and kneel as well as the ability to reach within hand / arm length, lift and position components for assembly
- Knowledge of production processes and quality standards
What we can offer you:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada