Engineering Services | Forestry Equipment Design & Manufacture
As a member of the Engineering Services team, this role includes the daily task of troubleshooting model data integrity. In addition, the incumbent will be assisting with projects that include but are not limited to addressing daily user requests, developing related procedures, and training and supporting personnel. Additional assignments include continuous improvement to ensure engineering data quality and consistency across the organization. Excellent communication, technical, analytical, and organizational skills are a requirement.
Day shift: 5 x 8 hour shifts; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
- Possess an engineering technician diploma or equivalent accompanied by demonstrable practical experience using the SOLIDWORKS suite of tools
- Assisting users with SOLIDWORKS models and SOLIDWORKS PDM break fix situations, steering users toward existing best practices
- Provide support for SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS PDM, and SOLIDWORKS Composer user requests
- Confidently assist with SOLIDWORKS PDM Administration as part of a team, Researching and developing content for engineering procedures, and standards
- Product Development software upgrade selection, testing and validation, including data upgrades and cleansing initiatives
- Identifying and troubleshooting inefficient models, documenting, and coaching users to follow procedures
- Work as part of the team to standardize library models and templates through creation of models
- Analysis of existing best practices and software, provide feedback and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Active member of steering committees to gather, validate, and launch best practices through MS office tools, Wiki, and in class instruction
- Applicants possessing a Certification in SOLIDWORKS will be given preference
- Applicants that can demonstrate a working knowledge of programming in C# / VB.Net / VBA / SQL will be given preference
- Interest in a technical analysis focused role
- Can demonstrate a strong working knowledge of MS Office applications Meticulous work ethic with precise execution of tasks
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with changing priorities, delays or unexpected events
- Superior organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must have your own vehicle and be able to travel between sites and travel abroad
- Able to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada