Plasma Operator | General Labour | Woodstock | Afternoons
As a Plasma / Laser Cutter Operator, you will operate, run and maintain the CNC laser or plasma cutters to ensure continuous manufacturing productivity and material efficiency.
Afternoon shift - 4 x shifts - Monday to Thursday; $2/hour shift premium!
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Read work orders to determine specifications, materials to be used, dimensions and tolerances, proper labeling of parts in order to accurately operate the CNC plasma / laser to cut/produce quality parts
- Follow standard operating procedures when using laser or plasma cutters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment and to ensure only quality product is produced
- Perform daily maintenance to keep clean and ensure laser or plasma cutter is working well
- Load steel sheets onto cutting table using jib crane and vacuum lift
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measurement devices as d
- Unload cut parts from laser table and load them onto part carts to go to the next operation
- Cut scrap material using torches, remove from the cutting table and place in scrap bin
- Keep work area clean and organized according to 5S Standards
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency through continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience on CNC laser or plasma cutting machines an asset
- Solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes
- Ability to read a tape measure, square, veneer calipers
- Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of shield gases used during laser cutting operation
- Strong mathematical skills, mechanically and technically inclined
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively and efficiently
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- 1403 Dundas Street, Woodstock, Ontario, Canada