Welding Robot Operator/Welder | Afternoon Shift
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it is what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
- Set-up and operate Wolf brand welding robots to complete production requirements
- Gather required tools, equipment and materials in work area. Hand carts, forklift or crane may be required to maneuver tools, equipment and materials
- Use hand, air, and power tools, cutting torch, plasma cutters and welding machines
- Read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints
- Weld materials to complete assembly, ensuring quality through specified dimensions
- Inspection of all welds to ensure conformance to specifications
- Manually weld any areas not accessible to the robot or areas the robot missed
- Examine work pieces for defects and conformance with specifications
- Removal of completed parts from work area and preparation for next production stage
- Completion of paperwork as required
- Perform regular operating maintenance
Skills & Experience:
- Expertise experience in assembly, fabrication and welding
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, specifications, manuals and processes, operating policies, procedures and instructions
- Effective skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Good level of manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination’
- Ability to bend, crouch, and kneel as well as the ability to reach below, at and above shoulder height to repair and fabricate
- Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing practices
- Positive attitude through effective and friendly communication
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, September 5, 2022
- 100 Savage Drive, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada