OpenShift Site Reliability Engineer
Symcor enables secure data exchanges and supporting business processes, to help clients succeed in an evolving digital world. Trusted by Canada's largest institutions for over 25 years to support their digital transformations, Symcor aligns industry participants to solve common challenges in the most effective and efficient way.
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
OpenShift Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will play a key role in contributing to solutions that make Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated scalable, featureful, resilient, and secure while maintaining a balance between development and operations work. The OpenShift SRE will contribute to the design and development of automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor, and heal Symcor’s OpenShift clusters. They will help lead incident management, root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities while managing engineering efforts. As an SRE on this team, you will directly contribute to Symcor’s success in the rapidly growing Kubernetes-as-a-Service (KaaS) market.
About the Role
- As the Subject Matter Expert, work on initiatives that target OpenShift as their platform, building and delivering compliant OpenShift solutions
- Coordinate project deliverables to convey infrastructure requirements, plan, and schedule deployment of tasks and resolve any issues that impact the deployment of the Application delivery systems
- Responsible for the success of technical project delivery/work product
- Provide configuration and support in scaling and managing OpenShift services
- Design technical infrastructure and coordinate installation and integration. Provide ongoing support of OpenShift environments and infrastructure related issues
- Assist in all phases of analysis and design for applications, system, hardware and programming activities
- Drive significant technology initiatives across all aspects of the development (design -> deploy -> support)
- Write and review technical specifications
- Manage and document projects, including system architecture, delivering within target profit margin, delivery metrics, and to plan
- Review and Perform software updates, peer code reviews, testing, and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) analysis. Respond to security threats
- Identify single points of failure and other high-risk architecture issues. Propose and implement more resilient resolutions
- Design and write automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor, and heal OpenShift clusters
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Identify efficient solutions to complex requirements
- Verify that architecture and design specifications have been correctly converted into running code
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline(preferably Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or similar) or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- 10 + years of experience in IT
- 3+ years hands-on experience in building, designing, and maintaining OpenShift based environments and applications
- 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of configuration management and automation tools
- Expertise in OpenShift, Kubernetes and Red Hat Virtualization
- Experience in DevOps tooling and processes
- Knowledge of Pure Storage and Crunchy Data
- Expertise in most of the following: Ansible, git, Docker, Kubernetes, shell scripting
- Expertise in delivering hosted cloud/private cloud services, with Kubernetes and with containers on Linux
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tooling, monitoring and change management
- Knowledge of cloud and private cloud architecture and design patterns
- Experience in Red Hat Linux administration
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems issues quickly and accurately
- Familiar with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- Flexible, eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
- Passion for technology and modernization
What’s In It For You
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program that includes a competitive compensation package, flexible benefits and time away options, retirement and savings plans and a commitment to your overall health and well-being through our myWell-being program.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunities to do challenging work and progressively take on greater accountabilities for growth.
- We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.
Symcor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates.
- Job Family NCR Employee Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga ON - 1 RSP, 1 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada