Team Lead Database
Symcor enables secure data exchanges and supporting business processes, to help clients succeed in an evolving digital world. Trusted by Canada's largest institutions for over 25 years to support their digital transformations, Symcor aligns industry participants to solve common challenges in the most effective and efficient way.
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
The Database Team Lead will take the lead on designing database solutions for Symcor. The Database Team Lead will manage the DBA team and possess extensive experience in database design, modeling, and performance tuning. The Database Team Lead will ensure that database solutions meet requirements for availability, performance, scalability, disaster recovery, data integrity and security.
About the Role
- As the subject matter expert, collaborate with Technology team to coordinate project deliverables, convey database requirements, and plan and schedule deployment of tasks. Diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Responsible for technical design, ownership and leadership for databases. Lead design discussions focused on scalability, design and implementation best practices. Ensure databases are compliant with the technical strategy, policy, and standards. Provide guidance in all phases
- Oversee the evaluation of new database platforms and tooling
- Work with application architects and owners to gather database requirements
- Coordinate database procurement, installation, and integration
- Make decisions on resource needs, assignments, and timelines to complete projects as well as daily operational tasks.
- Work with Project leadership Team to ensure a plan is in place to meet resource requirements. Create project plans and set timelines
- Collaborate with business and technical partners on database features and roadmaps
- Contribute to backlog grooming sessions for supported products and lines of service
- Make decisions on technical roadmaps for platforms
- Manage the team (Regular one-on-one, team meetings and performance management)
- Establish and execute the team’s vision
What You Need To Succeed
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline or a combination of equivalent education, training and experience
- 5+ years' experience in a database administration role
- 3+ years' experience in a database architect role
- 1+ years' experience in leading a technical team
- Hands on experience building and managing secured, highly available database solutions on premise and cloud environments
- Experience in design and implementation of database solutions
- Knowledge of database queries, theory, and design
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible and GitLab
- Knowledge about the RDBMS architecture, e.g., Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, Postgres
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g., SQL/PSM or Transact-SQL
- General understanding of cloud technologies
- General understanding of storage technologies and networking
- In depth understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unix and Windows Operating System knowledge and scripting
What’s In It For You
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program that includes a competitive compensation package, flexible benefits and time away options, retirement and savings plans and a commitment to your overall health and well-being through our myWell-being program.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunities to do challenging work and progressively take on greater accountabilities for growth.
- We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.
Symcor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates.
- Job Family NCR Employee Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga ON - 1 RSP, 1 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada