Application Monitoring Specialist
Symcor enables secure data exchanges and supporting business processes, to help clients succeed in an evolving digital world. Trusted by Canada's largest institutions for over 25 years to support their digital transformations, Symcor aligns industry participants to solve common challenges in the most effective and efficient way.
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
The Application Monitoring Specialist will work closely with the infrastructure, development, support and database teams to determine monitoring requirements and implement filters, events, alerts, and dashboards using various monitoring tools. The Application Monitoring Specialist will also be responsible for recommending, installing and maintaining the Monitoring Platforms
This role is currently hybrid.
About the Role
- Work closely with infrastructure, support, development and database teams to gather requirements, create and deploy monitoring filters, events, dashboards and alerts
- Perform root cause analysis on events by utilizing logs, tools and available documentation
- Conduct proactive health checks and incident reviews related to monitoring and identify gaps or issues and remediate them
- Review infrastructure and application architecture and requirements & recommend appropriate monitoring checks
- Define, analyze, build and maintain monitoring solutions and platforms based on requirements
- Remediate any Risks discovered in the monitoring platform
- Install, configure and maintain monitoring agents
- Manage new technology integrations into monitoring platform
- Provide filtering and event correlation mechanisms to reduce event noise
- Work closely with the technical support team to improve the customer experience
- Plan and execute Disaster Recover tests on monitoring platforms
- Create and maintain documentation and templates related to monitoring
- Develop, maintain and implement monitoring scripts and log queries
What You Need To Succeed
- University or College degree in engineering or computer science
- 2+ years of experience managing monitoring solutions
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Groundworks, Grafana, Splunk, Kibana
- Experience with Linux and the command line interface
- Experience with scripting/programming languages (Bash, Java, Python, PowerShell)
- A working understanding of web infrastructure (Web servers, load balancers, application servers
Nice To Have Skills:
- Understanding of infrastructure components (Virtualization, Operating Systems, networks, storage)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle or PL/SQL
What’s In It For You
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program that includes a competitive compensation package, flexible benefits and time away options, retirement and savings plans and a commitment to your overall health and well-being through our myWell-being program.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunities to do challenging work and progressively take on greater accountabilities for growth.
- We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.
Symcor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates.
- Job Family NCR Employee Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga ON - 1 RSP, 1 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada