Machine Operator (Industrial)
Stella-Jones seeks a Machine Operator for our Bangor, WI operations. Machine Operators perform operational work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distributions or delivery of products, parts and materials. Loads, unloads, moves or stores items according to delivery or routing documents or supervisor instructions. Operates heavy equipmentdependent upon your skills and qualifications as well as work in different areas of the plant.
Second shift is Monday-Thursday from 2:30pm - 12:30am with paid breaks and lunches.
- Operates one machines (Forklift, Knuckle-boom, Runaround, Wood Boiler Support, Prentice Support, Endplate Station Support, Trimmer Support). To operate proficiently, individual must operate consistently at or above target production levels.
- Completes daily inspection and maintenance report for assigned machine and identifies operational issues.
- Performs daily maintenance for assigned machine.
- Takes initiative to aid supervisors to make sure procedures as followed correctly.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: One year experience in heavy industrial machine operations preferred
- License/Certification: Operating certificate for equipment (independent or through company)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Annual OSHA forklift training
- Wood products experience preferred
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.00
- Bangor, WI, USA