US-Whitmire - EHS/QC Technician
We are seeking a qualified EHS/QC Technician for our Whitmire, SC location. The EHS/QC Technician is responsible for ensuring EHS and Quality compliance at the facility location.
- Responsible for implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality Control (QC) policies, programs, and procedures.
- Conducts EHS and QC Inspections according to company policies. Ensures and maintains corporate quality records on quality standards and carefully documents data.
- Performs EHS and QA facility audits according to company policies.
- Provides EHS/QA training at facility. Ensures records for trainings are accurately maintained.
- Works with Plant Manager and EHS department to complete permit applications.
- Performs accident and incident investigation as necessary.
- Provides recommendation to department supervisors and plant employees in regard to safety and environmental matters.
- Responsible for accurate and timely EHS reporting and recordkeeping according to company policy.
- Assists in field and laboratory testing, evaluates results, and makes recommendations on treatment of materials.
- Oversees processing of quality reports and maintenance of quality databases.
- Assists production departments in driving product quality and implementation of process improvements.
- Ensures all preservative concentrations in work solutions are monitored on a regular basis to determine if they are within specified company and industry standards.
- Oversees boring, inspection, and chemical analysis of all treated charges; issues all treating certificates and certified treating reports.
- Maintains accurate records of all field and laboratory analysis, inspections, correspondence, specifications, research, or other documents.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Education: (Required) High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Industry Experience is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
- Quality program implementation experience
- Problem solving skills
- Critical writing
- Public speaking
- Valid US State driver’s license
- Ability to multitask
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
- $1,250 paid on payroll following thirty days of employment. Employee must be in good standing.
- $1,250 paid on payroll following six months of employment. Employee must be in good standing.
- Minimum of 12 months of employment or prorated repayment is required.
- Rehires do not qualify for sign-on bonus.
- The offering of a sign-on bonus will be reviewed periodically and may be discontinued at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1121 State Rd S-44-87, Whitmire, SC 29178, USA