Supply Math Teacher- GTA Campuses
About Spirit of Math:
With over 30 years of success, Spirit of Math is an innovative leader in after-school mathematics education for high-performing students. Located at more than 40 campuses across Canada. From our after-school classes and campuses to our expanding series of math workbooks and training for educators, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for inquisitive minds around the world.
The ideal candidate is patient, gregarious and highly dependable. You excel at connecting with children by providing a balance of kindness and firmness. You understand the importance of providing children with a structured environment that will facilitate their learning. You are skilled at making others feel valued and included. You are a team worker who has an innate desire to help others develop. In addition to possessing the above traits, you have an eagerness to learn the Spirit of Math method of teaching mathematics. You will be challenged to help students discover the conceptual building blocks and relationships which undergird mathematics. The training you will receive as a Spirit of Math teacher will deepen your understanding of math and stretch your abilities as a teacher.
The Teacher fosters a high trust learning environment, develops the values and math skills of students and builds strong relationships with parents. The Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively managing the classroom to maintain a safe, orderly learning environment
- Adhering to the Spirit of Math teaching methodology and administrative system
- Delivering lessons to students
- Grading students assignments, tests and exams
- Building and maintaining relationships with parents
- Addressing issues with students’ performance and behaviour
- Managing assistant teachers as needed
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate records of grades and attendance
- Performing peer evaluations periodically
- Attending professional development sessions several times per year
A degree from a recognized college or university is necessary. A Bachelor of Education degree is an asset, but it is not mandatory.
To promote cooperation, inspire confidence, and release the genius in
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. The positions are open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
Please note, our school has the right to reinstate a mandatory COVID-19 policy. As such, if this policy is reinstated, applicants that receive a conditional offer of employment from Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada approved vaccine. Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or protected grounds under applicable Human Rights legislation.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $40.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- SoM Willowdale Forest Grove Campus, 43 Forest Grove Dr, North York, Ontario, Canada
- Spirit of Math Forest Hill Campus, 259 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Spirit of Math High Park Campus, 95 Lavinia Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Spirit of Math Leaside Campus, 109 Vanderhoof Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Spirit of Math Markham West Campus, 50 McIntosh Dr Unit # 225, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Spirit of Math Richmond Hill Central Campus, 9325 Yonge St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada