Packaging Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
To be the world’s leading manufacturer of complex food ingredients, specializing in the industrial supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Set up and operate high-speed packing and automated packaging machinery.
- Set up and operate inkjet, laserjet, and Print & Apply printers.
- Set up and operate quality verification equipment on packaging lines including checkweigher scales and barcode scanners.
- Set up any necessary packaging equipment, printers, and conveyors during a changeover to a new product run.
- Changeover automated packaging equipment for new product runs.
- Troubleshoot machinery when malfunctions or production stoppages occur, communicating with supervision and maintenance as necessary.
- Troubleshoot, clean and perform preventative maintenance, working with maintenance technicians on repairs as necessary.
- Stock line with new packaging supplies as needed.
- Perform periodic quality checks to ensure packing, coding, and packaging is performed to customer specification.
- Complete documentation in a legible and timely manner.
- Calculate, record and dispose of defective product and packaging daily.
- Assist leads and supervisors with day to day operations of the line including WIP and breaks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in technology preferred
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- 1-2 years’ experience running and troubleshooting robots, automated packaging or similar machinery preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing and/or product packaging a plus
- Can read, write and speak English
- Proficient at basic addition and subtraction. Understands temperature and weight measures.
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Wages: $19.20 / hour + $0.50/ hour Shift Differential
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 401 S Enterprise Blvd, Lebanon, Indiana, United States of America