Junior Contract Administrator - Toronto
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
The Toronto Office is looking for Contract Administrators to join their team in a full-time permanent position.
The construction project areas are generally in Toronto and east of Toronto to Peterborough and County of Prince Edward. The successful candidate must also be willing to work outside of these geographical areas, as required.
- Provide general administration during construction, including approval of alternatives in materials and procedures, review and approve shop drawings
- Maintain and update tracking spreadsheets/summaries for change directives, change orders, RFI payment certificates construction progress and final construction cost forecast for each project under construction
- Prepare and maintain project schedules, and review and provide comments on contractors’ schedules
- Perform random field checks of major contract items to verify the payment certificate quantities measured by the site inspector and investigate and address discrepancies found during monthly audits
- Review, negotiate, and provide recommendations to the client about contractor claims for extra work
- Prepare and process monthly progress estimates
- Oversee construction to identify any lapses in quality or consistency by contractor
- Review and comment on contractor’s traffic control plan as per OTM Book 7
- Arranging, chairing and minuting pre-construction and construction progress meetings
- Review contractor’s RFIs and provide response, in collaboration with the project design team, Project Manager and/or the client
- Administer quality assurance during construction including coordination with sub-consultants for material testing, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with Project Manager, Site Representative, and Clients regarding project status and construction issues
- Coordinate with Site Representative staff
- Other duties as assigned that are relevant to the position.
- 3-year College Diploma or University Degree in Civil Engineering, construction, Construction Management, or equivalent from an accredited college.
- Registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist with OACETT, or eligible for registration, is an asset.
- 2 years demonstrated construction contract administration experience for multidisciplinary projects
- Interest in pursuing a career in construction contract administration and on-site inspection.
- Experience working for a consulting engineering firm and/or a construction firm, is an asset.
- Experience with multi-discipline design coordination and construction, is an asset.
- Experience in working with Construction Site Representatives and Contractors
- Experience with contract administration and on-site inspection principles, practices, and techniques.
- Familiarity with applicable local building/construction codes and environmental guidelines.
- Knowledge of construction contract interpretation and construction acts.
- Experience with monitoring and coordinating activities on a construction project including liaising with the Client, Contractors, Approvals Officers, and Public as required
- Experience with interpretation of specifications, plans, and regulations.
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of mechanical systems, as well as post-construction warranty services.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Proven, advanced level Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Must have a valid G license and a reliable vehicle
- Must possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, clients, and contractors.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
- 2001 Sheppard Ave E suite 300, North York, ON M2J 4Z8, Canada