Bridge Engineer – Transportation Structures
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
RVA is currently seeking a Bridge Engineer to join our Bridge – Transportation Structures Group. Reporting to the Transportation Structures group leader, this position will give you an opportunity to work on a variety of projects including multi-disciplinary design-bid build, design-build and P3 projects and develop your experience on mentoring EIT’s and working collaboratively with project managers, engineers, and technologists.
The candidate would design and manage delivery of bridges and other transportation structures, including highway, railway, pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, transit stations, drainage structures and special projects under supervision of senior engineers (when needed). Duties include inspection, evaluation, analysis, design, cost estimating, tender preparation, shop drawing review, and field reviews during construction.
- Preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other civil structures.
- Structural analysis using industry recognized software like Midas, CSI Bridge, Leap Conspan, L-pile etc.
- Bridge inspections, assessment, and rehabilitation design.
- Quantities and construction cost estimates.
- Checking of designs and drawings.
- Specifications and contract document preparation.
- Review of shop drawings.
- Preparation of reports and proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Engineer with 4-7 years’ demonstrated experience in structural design and bridge engineering in Canada.
- Report writing, Structural Design reports, Memorandums
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Registered as a P. Eng. with PEO.
- Thorough knowledge of the CHBDC and Ontario MTO design codes/standards.
- Excellent technical understanding, design abilities and current on bridge technologies.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design such as SAP2000, MIDAS, etc.
- Specific areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry, and culverts.
- Working knowledge of MTO standards and guidelines, AASHTO, AREMA, Metrolinx and Ontario municipalities bridge design standards and processes.
- Experience with inspection, assessment, and rehabilitation of existing structures.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams.
- A team player with a willingness to help others and collaborating with team members.
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
- 2001 Sheppard Ave E suite 300, North York, ON M2J 4Z8, Canada
- 4900 Palladium Way, Burlington, ON L7M 0K9, Canada