The Lift Operator is part of the Lift Operations Team. He/She is responsible for operating aerial and surface lifts, safely loading/unloading all passengers and greeting and assisting all Marmot Basin patrons at the lifts in a friendly manner. This is important as the Lift Operator is often the first point of contact for guests on the hill: it is vital to leave a good impression. They are responsible for completing and recording all daily lift checks and maintaining mazes, ramps and head traps. They must also carry out assigned duties such as lift rotations and shovel crew.
The incumbent should expect to be working outside in any, all and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
Lift Operators must also provide their own ski or snowboard equipment.
This is a full-time seasonal role, 5 days out of 7 per week from October through to May each operating season. Please note that you may not receive full-time hours at the beginning/end of the season and during other slow periods.
Alberta Employment Standards regarding probationary periods apply.
- Professional deportment with excellent customer service skills: experience dealing with all on-hill patrons
- Cheerful, outgoing personality; demonstrated temperament and disposition for highly stressful situations.
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Motivated and observant; able to perceive needed tasks and complete them without direction
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve
- Recreational mountain pursuits, such as rock climbing, and ski touring, are considered assets.
- Ski Industry experience (an asset)
- Previous experience operating surface lifts and aerial chairlifts (an asset)
- Able to ski/snowboard in all types of mountain terrain in varying conditions at an intermediate or advanced level
- Physically fit
- Mechanical background (an asset)
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Operate aerial and surface lifts
- Safely load/unload all passengers
- Greet all patrons as they navigate through the lift lines and identify personal needs (i.e. slowing down the lift for beginners/children)
- Complete and record all daily lift checks and observations
- Complete emergency/accident investigation paperwork as required
- Maintaining mazes, ramps and head traps
- Carry out assigned duties such as lift rotations and shovel crew
- Must pass the Lift Operations Exam with a score of 80% or better
- Adherence to the company’s practices and procedures as set in the “Lift Operations Training Manual”
- All Marmot Basin employees will conduct themselves in compliance with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their job.
- Respect and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies”, “Employee Handbook” and “Safety Operations Training Manuals”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Marmot Basin, 1 Marmot Road, Jasper, Alberta, Canada