Electrical Engineering Lead
Due to extensive growth, our team requires an Electrical Engineering Lead to join our team.
The selected candidate will be an integral part of growing our electrical discipline, providing services to public utilities, private developers, and municipalities. This role will provide the opportunity to work with clients to develop high value solutions, while managing the delivery of the requirements.
- Management of the Electrical Engineering Team, including advising on training and professional development for staff;
- Identify resource fluctuations and assist with recruiting key staff, as required;
- Mentor Electrical Engineers in Training (EITs) and technologists to grow the team;
- Act as the key contact with clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants on projects; and
- Create the division’s strategy and set key performance indicators for the division and staff;
- Lead the creation of detailed electrical design packages for power distribution and lighting systems in utility, residential, and institutional sectors;
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety by design principals in the project work;
- Prepare estimates for design and construction packages;
- Respond to questions from construction crews, stakeholders, customers, utilities, and relevant third parties; and
- Review electrical project deliverables and act as Professional of Record (POR) as required;
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget on electrical discipline projects; and
- Chair periodic status meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Responsible for Business Development and the pursuit of new clients for expansion into targeted markets, and maintaining relationship with existing clients to foster repeat business; and
- Lead, participate, and contribute to the RFP process including writing execution methodology and estimating hours and costs for various opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical qualification and appropriate experience;
- Registered as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) and Project Management Professional designation are preferable;
- Ability and experience acting as a Professional of Record (POR) is an asset;
- 10+ years of electrical infrastructure project experience, including industrial, utilities and/or municipal;
- Familiar with industry standards and international codes such as the Canadian Electrical Code, IEC, and IEEE;
- Experience in Transmission, Electric Vehicle Charging, Protection & Controls, SCADA or DCS/Automation System design areas will be considered an asset;
- Experience with business development activities including the RFP process and Proposal preparation/submission;
- Project Management/Coordination for engineering assignments; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada