Electrical Project Engineer
More About This Project and Role
RAM’s Engineering team requires a Electrical Project Engineer to join our team, providing services to public utilities, private developers, and municipalities. This person will get the opportunity to work with clients to come up with high value solutions. This role is best suited for a person that has the desire to lead and grow a team.
- Lead the electrical team through the preparation and submission of project approvals and design packages to approved project scope, schedule, and budget;
- Create detailed electrical designs for power distribution, standby power distribution, controls, and lighting for commercial, industrial and municipal sectors;
- Perform technical calculations and utilize software for load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design following applicable utility, national or international standards and codes;
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety by design principals in the project work;
- Support the documentation process for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations;
- Respond to information requests from site and completing project documentation including ‘as-builts’, calculations and return of data to the client.;
- Develop scope definition and clarifications, capital cost estimates, calculations and preparation of detailed design packages, construction scope descriptions, and material take-offs;
- Assist with Business Development, contribute to proposals, and the pursuit of new clients, as well as maintaining relationship with existing clients to foster repeat business;
- Assist with team resourcing and forecasting
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 7+ years of related electrical engineering experience is preferred;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Post-Secondary Institute;
- Registered P.Eng with EGBC
- Ability and experience acting as an Engineer of Record considered an asset;
- Experience managing small teams
- Proficient understanding of utility and industrial power distribution systems, power systems analysis and substation design;
- Working knowledge of industry used software such as CAD Design Software packages (MicroStation and/ or AutoCAD), DAD, Passport, PLS-CADD, ETAP will be an asset;
- Construction and/or field engineering experience is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For four consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 409 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2, Canada