Manager, Project Controls
More About This Project and Role
RAM’s current projects require a Manager of Project Controls to work with our team in the implementation and management of corporate and project controls processes, practices and procedures. The Manager of Project Controls will report to the Manager of Project Management, and will also lead operational tasks in the areas of schedule, cost, governance and reporting to meet project objectives. This role will be dynamic and multi-faceted, making this a great opportunity for someone ready to take the next step in their career. You will be joining one of Canada’s fastest growing companies at our main office in downtown Vancouver.
- Lead the Project Controls team in consistent delivery of project controls services on a corporate and project basis;
- Provide Project Controls leadership, mentoring and support to the project teams;
- Support the Project Management team with program and project controls expertise, as needed;
- Assist to develop, support and report on the Project Controls team’s fiscal objectives, including growth of revenue;
- Support corporate Business Development opportunities and initiatives to grow and maintain RAM’s client base and revenue targets;
- Review current project controls practices, systems and tools and recommend improvements based on industry knowledge of current standards;
- Manage, maintain, and continually improve controls-related processes, systems and tools;
- Oversee the provision of training to staff in the use of program systems and tools;
- Manage monthly reporting processes to ensure quality and consistency among project teams;
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs), reports and dashboards as needed to provide project performance analysis, identify issues, support management decision-making, and meet client deliverables;
- Review and assess client projects to develop and implement project specific Project Controls Plans and the appropriate project controls team to conduct the work;
- Establish project Master Baseline Schedules and put in place effective monitoring and control, whereby project completion is achieved on schedule;
- Collaborate and support the construction management team in the review of construction schedules, preparation of monthly reports, administration and configuration of contract management software, as needed; and
- Work with project Document Control to establish and maintain an orderly and secure filing system for the Project cost records.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 10+ years’ Experience working in a Project Controls position for an Engineering or Construction Company;
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing development of project Work Breakdown Structures, scheduling and schedule analysis, cost estimating and cost control, budget development, reporting and record and document control;
- Experience managing teams of interdisciplinary skill sets;
- Thorough understanding of program controls concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others;
- Proficient with creating and managing schedules in Primavera P6;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Pleasant, calm demeanor and customer-service oriented; and
- Strong work ethic, ability to use tact and good professional judgement.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For four consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 409 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2, Canada