Reporting to the IT Systems Administrator-Team Lead, the IT Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Desktop Environment.
Key areas of accountability are workstations, applications, network, printers and phones setup and configuration as well as corporate user support.
- Provide support and maintain the company information systems and networks;
- Install, maintain and update Microsoft Windows workstations, Microsoft Office products, and workstations related software used in the corporate environment;
- Upgrade and install new hardware or software on new and existing computer and platforms;
- Support installation and setup of Corporate networking, printers, scanners, workstations and communication devices (phones, soft-phones, videoconferencing equipment, etc.);
- Assist and participate in various IT projects such as evaluating new hardware or software and implementing new products and technologies;
- Provide technical support to Corporate users, workstations, related software and hardware;
- Support creation and maintenance of Active Directory user accounts and permissions for corporate access as well as access to various internal corporate tools and applications; and
- Respond and handle service requests as submitted by Corporate users and initiate escalation to various IT groups if required;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Exchange users using Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Web client;
- Experience supporting various desktop applications commonly used by Microsoft Windows workstation users;
- Strong knowledge of computer networking, wireless technology, printer setup and configuration;
- Experienced at troubleshooting Corporate workstation related issues;
- Good problem-solving skills and willingness to assist Corporate users in a professional and helpful manner;
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to instruct and help others how to use various computer applications with a customer service approach in mind;
- Ability to deal with others with diplomacy and good judgment; and
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer-service orientation;
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience working in Corporate Microsoft Active Directory environment serving Windows 10 workstations;
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- IT Certifications are considered an asset (MCSE, CCNA, Azure, O365) ;and
- Experience with the following or similar technologies:
- Office or Windows365
- Cisco Meraki
- Windows Servers/AD
- Windows Defender
- M365 Endpoint
- Desktop Central or Manage Engine
- Service Desk Plus.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada