VP - Product Management
We’re driven by our vision and values – it’s what sets us apart as a corporation – and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. It’s our secret sauce.
Come join us, and help us achieve our goal of making life better.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and as a key leader within the Revenue Group, the VP – Product Management is responsible, for managing the performance and relevance of our Product Portfolio. Working alongside our Product Development and Marketing teams, the Product Management group is responsible for optimizing our product portfolio from a sales, margin, and performance standpoint, recommending strategies for recovery of performance, and feeding our New Product Development process with researched and relevant new product opportunities. As the owner of our Product management process, the VP – PM will oversee all aspect of the process, ensuring with required collaboration our company goals and strategies are met consistently.
As a new role to Phantom, the VP - Product Management will champion and lead the development of a Product Management discipline and process within and across the company, while evolving and resourcing the group to ensure ongoing success of our product portfolios within Home Comfort and Outdoor Comfort.
At Phantom Screens we value all of our employees. We are committed to providing a safe, harmonious, and respectful work environment and all employees are required to help us achieve this by practicing our core values.
- To Speak the Truth
- To Pursue Excellence
- To Serve Each Other
- To Practice Stewardship
including, but not limited to the following:
- Product Management
- Responsibility and ownership of the management and performance of the company’s product portfolios, within Home Comfort and Outdoor Comfort:
- Audit the financial performance, product performance and competitive positioning, supported by our Product management process.
- Research and understand the marketability of our current product lines v competition and our Unique Value Proposition, recommending changes where required.
- Research and recommend changes to current underperforming products and/or element of our business that are not hitting desired targets
- Supported by Marketing, research new product/market opportunities from a consumer, network, and competitor standpoint, recommending new products to enter the NPD process through the Product Development team.
- Create ongoing Product Portfolio Roadmaps for Outdoor Comfort and Indoor Comfort products.
- Work with Product Development on successfully delivering and launching new products and product initiatives on time, on budget and meeting desired financial and other outcomes.
- Work with Business Development on accurate forecasting and business planning.
- Become the lead product and market expert from a business standpoint, feeding back relevant and insightful information/recommendations to guide future product strategies.
- Play an active role in the Revenue Group’s leadership team creating and executing on department strategies to achieve our corporate goals.
- Create effective processes within Product Management function
- In collaboration with CRO, establish and implement the function’s general operating procedures, policies, expectations and KPI’s for success.
- Ensure department procedures are current and documented; review and implement change as required to deliver optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Gather and communicate Product Portfolio performance measures
- Develop a collaborative relationship with the Marketing, Business Development and Product teams.
- Communicate market trends, competitor activity, distributor and end-user needs to teams within Phantom .
- Provide feedback on value proposition positioning, market strategy and solutions to appropriately formulate, recommend, and implement policies and programs for sales and related activities.
- Strong leadership skills, sound decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Detailed knowledge of product management and product performance measurements.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret information and use sound judgment in the decision-making process.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; interacting comfortably and confidently in writing or orally with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to build, lead, mentor, and coach a team of experienced professionals in the achievement of organizational strategies
- A positive and professional disposition with the ability to organize, communicate, be methodical and maintain composure under pressure; is able to accomplish multiple and changing priorities by appropriately structuring workflow.
- A keen understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality when encountering sensitive information.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and demonstrated accurate keyboarding skills.
- Equally comfortable working independently or as a contributor in a team environment.
- Ability to travel.
Drop us a line with your resume and go to www.phantomscreens.com to find out what makes us different. If we fit together well, then we'll look forward to chatting with you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 30451 Simpson Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6C7, Canada