HR Generalist - Safety
At Phantom, making life better is our mission: for our customers and our employees. We’re driven by our vision and values – it’s what sets us apart as a corporation – and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. Since our beginning, in 1992, Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. Now we’re THE top-selling retractable screen, and our products are international.
We’re currently looking for a HR Generalist - Safety Coordinator who values the same things we do; honest communication, excellent workmanship, providing top tier service, and taking ownership in their work.
This position will report to the VP of Employee Experience and support our Employee Experience team in driving continuous improvement in the Safety, Security & Health/Wellness programs at Phantom Screens.
Why people love Phantom:
· Workplace culture that values meaningful work and developing and distributing a product we’re proud to share.
· Tuition reimbursement, ongoing learning opportunities and support for career advancement.
· Competitive compensation and group medical and dental benefits/insurance,
· Employee Care program and on-site life coach.
· Hybrid-remote work schedule, and managers who value work-life balance.
· Regular team building and social events – everything from pizza, food trucks, barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
· Support for local and international charities, including World Vision and Cyrus House.
· As well as… onsite parking, business casual dress code, employee discount, profit sharing, and more!
What we value:
At Phantom Screens we value all of our employees. We are committed to providing a safe, harmonious, and respectful work environment and we achieve that living our core values:
· To Speak the Truth
· To Pursue Excellence
· To Serve Each Other
· To Practice Stewardship
· Reviewing and recommending on safety, security, and health / wellness in line with current programs, OH&S, and Work Safe BC requirements.
- Acting as chairperson for Health & Safety meetings to schedule, lead, document and assign action items to appropriate parties
· Overseeing incident investigations; escalating instances of repeated non-compliance and/or non-support of agreed upon or approved recommendations
· Leading regular workstation and workplace compliance audits, reporting on, and making recommendations for corrective action items in line with H&S best practices.
· Submitting approved reports to the Workers' Compensation Board of BC (WCB)
· Maintaining and reporting on workplace incident investigations, injury summary and trends, training records, hearing tests results, safety drills, sub-contractor qualifications/clearance
· Preparing and delivering safety related training and education for current employees, supervisors, and new employees during orientation/onboarding as necessary.
- Deliver orientations and training on specific safety requirements (ex: Emergency Response) to suppliers who perform work in/at our facilities (ex: vendor managed inventory)
- Ensure all current employees and suppliers and sub-contractors have appropriate WCB coverage prior to commencing work
- Perform risk assessments and evaluations on existing, revised, and new processes, including emergency response plans, and make practicable recommendations to eliminate, minimize, and control hazards
- Conduct periodic audits to determine level of compliance to WCA, OH&S Reg., and internal requirements
- Coordinating with VP Employee Experience, create annual occupational health and safety budget
· Acting as a consistent representation of Phantom's Safety, Security and Health/Wellness policies and play a key role in maintaining a positive, proactive, and cooperative work environment.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- 2 years’ post-secondary education with a focus in Health and Safety or comparable.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, CRSP designation or higher would be a strong asset.
- Experience with a safety program and/or safety committee.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding, interpretation, and application of the Employment Standards Act of BC, WorkSafe BC regulations, and Human Rights legislation.
· Safety-related training certifications (ex: rigging & hoisting, forklift instruction, respirator fit-testing)
· Level 2 Occupational First Aid Certification
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
· An ability to use sound judgement when evaluating and analyzing information for providing effective solutions.
· Organized, methodical; able to remain calm and focused.
· Equally comfortable working as an independent contributor or in a team environment.
· Consistent advocate for our company values; encouraging to others, setting a strong example for health and safety compliance and best practices.
· A keen understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
· Above average level of attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
Phantom Screens is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to welcoming all individuals; from diverse backgrounds with diverse perspectives. However, we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are moving forward in the recruitment process.
If you have previously applied and haven’t heard back from us, we encourage you to gain additional skills and continue to apply.
If you require additional assistance with your application, please contact email@example.com
note, this position has a remote-hybrid schedule, and we welcome candidates
from across Canada to apply. We will not accept candidates without a Canadian
PR or valid work permit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- 30451 Simpson Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6C7, Canada