Child Protection Worker - Future Contract Opportunities (2022)
Child protection workers provide for the safety and well-being children as defined by the Child, Youth & Family Services Act. The role of child protection workers are to assess the risks and strengths of families in the community and to support families in building capacity to care for their children. The key responsibilities of this role are on assessing risk, well being and planning for permanency through strong collaboration with families, kin and community partners.
This position supports and contributes to the agency’s commitments to Leadership, Excellence, Strength Based Practice and Anti-Oppressive Practice along with the Agency’s mission, values and strategic initiatives.
- Solid skills in child welfare case management
- Superior skills and experience in clinical assessment, counselling and crisis intervention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly with recordings and reports
- Knowledge of family services and child-in-care issues
- Competent computer skills
- Proficiency in the French Language is considered an asset
- Bachelor's of Social Work or Master's of Social Work degree from a recognized university and at least one year of related experience in a child protection role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in a related field, and at least one year of related experience in a child protection related role.
- A class "G" driver's license and daily access to a vehicle are required.
- Authorized Child Protection Workers: $37.87 - $48.78
- Unauthorized Child Protection Workers: $34.91
Peel Children's Aid Society is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform People & Culture so that we can ensure your equal participation in this process. We are aware of a scam claiming to offer employment on behalf of Peel CAS. Please note that we only contact individuals who have applied for positions posted on our website, and always conduct interviews with selected candidates. We do not contact prospective candidates via text message. Learn more about employment scams.
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Children's Aid Society of Peel Region, 25 Capston Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada