Senior Data Engineer
Payments Canada is committed to providing a flexible, hybrid work environment to its employees that intentionally balances quality in-person connection with remote work. Our greatest asset is our people as we work together to make payments easier, smarter and safer for all Canadians.
|Get to Know Us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payment ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and to navigate industry-level challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous.
In 2021, we cleared and settled more than 8 billion transactions, totaling $135 trillion, or $539 billion each business day.
This is where our country connects: https://www.youtube.com/watch v=nsvxucqX6dY
We are a collaborative, diverse and passionate group of individuals. We work together to ensure we are supported in our work, make impactful contributions to the organization, and develop meaningful connections with colleagues and individuals in our ecosystem!
Come and join us - Where Payments Meets Purpose!
Reporting to the Manager, Information, Data and Analytics, the Senior Data Engineer will work with the team on establishing and maturing the business intelligence end to end process. They will develop, manage and maintain the extraction, translation and loading of Payments Canada data to a data warehouse environment, and craft and execute queries for data and present the information through reports and visualization.
Please submit your application by September 29.
|What you’ll Do
- Designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines by building and maintaining ETL code/scripts;
- Performing data analysis and develop source to target mapping models;
- Reviewing the current data storage and data models, creating tools to store data;
- Interfacing with all internal/external customers to gather requirements that will be used for the ETL process;
- Collaborating with other teams to integrate systems;
- Developing and executing database queries and conducting analyses for the BI solution;
- Creating visualization template and reports;
- Developing and maintaining relevant technical documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with data, with a focus on developing enterprise BI solution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in translating data between multiple formats using scripting language and ETL tools;
- Experience in designing the implementing a robust ETL pipeline;
- Experience in working with relational databases and SQL;
- Experience in developing or working with Data Warehouse;
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP.
- Experience with data mining techniques and statistical analysis;
- SQL, Oracle, Google certification;
- Experience with BigQuery, Google Data Studio, and other Google tools;
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration and related tooling.
- Based on qualifications and experience: $86,064.00- $114,751.00
|Payments Meets Purpose - What you can expect from us
- Flexible hybrid (remote/office) environment;
- Competitive compensation package, including annual variable bonus and defined contribution pension plan with employer matching percentage (if eligible);
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit coverage, including mental health coverage, life insurance and a health spending account for you and your dependents (Permanent and temporary employees with contracts 12 months & over);
- Paid time off: minimum three weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, December Holiday Shutdown and Cultural Holiday Observance Days;
- 26 Weeks of paid maternity and parental leave top-up;
- Rewards and recognition program;
- Access to Office Gym Facilities;
- Internal and external professional development opportunities;
- Fun team and organizational events;
- Bi-Weekly All Staff Forums led by our Executive Leadership Team.
|Our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Commitment
At Payments Canada, we are committed to making everyone feel they can be themselves and thrive at work. We will continue to build on a foundation of respect and appreciation for diversity in all forms and collectively create an inclusive and equitable culture where our differences are valued.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residences. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $86,064.00
- Max Hiring Rate $114,751.00
- Travel Required No
- 145 King St W, Toronto, ON M5H 1J8, Canada
- 360 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R 7X7, Canada