|Get to Know Us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payment ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and to navigate industry-level challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous.
In 2021, we cleared and settled more than 8 billion transactions, totaling $135 trillion, or $539 billion each business day.
This is where our country connects: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=nsvxucqX6dY
We are a collaborative, diverse and passionate group of individuals. We work together to ensure we are supported in our work, make impactful contributions to the organization, and develop meaningful connections with colleagues and individuals in our ecosystem!
Come and join us - Where Payments Meets Purpose!
Reporting to the Director of Security Architecture and Engineering, and as a member of the Security Engineering team, this position is responsible for providing expert technical advice, applying architectural patterns for information security in alignment to information security frameworks, identifying solutions to information security challenges, and interfacing effectively with vendors and partners.
We currently have one vacancy for this position. This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
|What you’ll Do
- Provide input and decisions on application and infrastructure security; requirements throughout the project development life cycle;
- Document operational and threat-based functional requirements within the enterprise agile planning tools;
- Evaluate, recommend, and monitor security capabilities for prevention, detection, and response to information security threats;
- Support Security Operations with system integration issues and prioritized requests;
- Support the Security Assessment Team in their processes and risk assessments to ensure adequate security standards and best practices are applied in the logical and physical solution;
- Support the evolution of existing security capabilities based on operational requirements.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, information security or other field related to information systems and technology or information security management, or equivalent work experience;
- Working experience in elaboration of security requirements, threat modeling, secure code reviews, vulnerability assessments, or application penetration testing, solution architecture;
- Understanding of system administration, technical audits, security governance, DevSecOps, System Engineering, security and appliance operations;
- Good problem-solving skills and experience in the resolution of technical issues with security capabilities;
- Understanding and/or working knowledge of threat modeling methodologies and frameworks including STRIDE, attack trees, OWASP Top 10, and MITRE ATT&CK;
- Working understanding of security frameworks such as ISO2700x, NIST CSF, OWASP and/or CIS, and the application of controls to real-world environments.
- Experience with or certification in platforms and services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS);
- Industry certifications (CISSP, CCSP, etc.);
- Practical experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and/or ITIL foundation certification;
- Experience developing security requirements and test cases in large complex environments;
- Experience evaluating and planning the implementation of security solutions;
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Based on qualifications and experience: $86,064.00- $114,751.00.
|Payments Meets Purpose - What you can expect from us
- Flexible hybrid (remote/office) environment;
- Competitive compensation package, including annual variable bonus and defined contribution pension plan with employer matching percentage (if eligible);
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit coverage, including mental health coverage, life insurance and a health spending account for you and your dependents (Permanent and temporary employees with contracts 12 months & over);
- Paid time off: minimum three weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, December Holiday Shutdown and Cultural Holiday Observance Days;
- 26 Weeks of paid maternity and parental leave top-up;
- Rewards and recognition program;
- Access to Office Gym Facilities;
- Internal and external professional development opportunities;
- Fun team and organizational events;
- Bi-Weekly All Staff Forums led by our Executive Leadership Team;
|Our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Commitment
At Payments Canada, we are committed to making everyone feel they can be themselves and thrive at work. We will continue to build on a foundation of respect and appreciation for diversity in all forms and collectively create an inclusive and equitable culture where our differences are valued.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residences. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $86,064.00
- Max Hiring Rate $114,751.00
- 145 King St W, Toronto, ON M5H 1J8, Canada
- 350 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R, Canada