Executive Assistant to Executive Director of People + Culture
Title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of People + Culture
Ministry: President’s Office
Location: Remote ( Preference for PST or MST)
Reports to: Executive Director of People + Culture
Position type: Contract for 13-14 months, Full-time ( 40 hours/ week), Temporary
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
The Executive Assistant will assist the Executive Director of People + Culture based out of the President’s Office, to organize, maintain, and improve communication and administrative systems as it relates to the support of the LDHR department, in planning and execution of leaders’ and organizational initiatives, and other projects pertaining to the President’s Office, in collaboration with the Executive Coordinator of the President’s Office.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
Conserve executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications
Schedule meetings, appointments and manage travel arrangements
Participate as a formal note taker for meetings, distribute action items and follow up
Assist with presentation materials for speaking/teaching engagements such as slide decks, meeting handouts, etc.
Maintain an organized electronic filing system using Gmail inbox and Google Drive
Complete monthly credit card reconciliations within a timely manner
Reimbursements, transfer requests, & invoices are submitted accurately and in a timely manner
Draft and prepare the monthly Ministry Partner newsletter on behalf of the Executive Director
Assist other President’s Office executives and Executive Leadership Team members as needed with communications, meeting prep, planning, etc.
- Vision/Organization support is provided when requested and needed
P2C Impact Measurements (stats) are maintained, tracked and managed alongside designated contacts in each Ministry
Assist in the planning and execution of organizational events such as: Weekly Chapel Services, P2C Staff Conference, Semi-Annual Day of Prayer, Ministry Exchanges, and the Ministry Leaders Summit with a high level of excellence and professionalism
Support other Executive Assistants in the President’s office as needed
Research for projects as needed
- You have a strong desire to be serving in a ministry setting
- You are able to professionally maintain confidentiality
- You are familiar with general office procedures, methods, tools, software, and equipment and willing to learn new technologies as needed
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and are able to draft communications on behalf of others in their voices
- You have strong time management/organizational skills
- You know how to plan and execute small to medium-scale events from start to finish, including venue booking, catering, travel arrangements, etc.
- You demonstrate resourcefulness, are skilled to prioritize and multitask, are able to work well under pressure, and initiative to act with purpose to resolve issues
- You take initiative to learn, solve problems, ask questions, investigate, and research
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and work well with others from diverse backgrounds, including interacting with senior leaders, both internally and externally
- You are able to work independently
- You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
- 3+ years Experience working in an independent administrative role (Executive or Personal Assistant experience considered an asset)
- Experience working within a church or parachurch setting is considered an asset
- Proficient in Google & Microsoft Suite Software (including Google Sheets/Excel, Google Slides/Powerpoint)
- Experience with hosting and using video conferencing software including Google Meet and Zoom Meetings & Webinars is considered an asset
- Experience with basic video editing software is considered an asset (i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro, Shotcut, etc.)
- Experience with basic graphic design software is considered an asset (i.e. Canva)
- Experience with an email marketing platform is considered an asset (i.e. MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+hours)
- Annual Health Care Spending Account
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
- Group RRSP matching with up to 3.5% after 1 year continuous employment
- Paid vacation
- Extra vacation time between Christmas and New Year
- Free registration to FamilyLife Weekend Getaway across Canada
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our P2C Store
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Edmonton, AB, Canada