Accounts Payable Assistant - Finance
Abbotsford, BC, Canada ● Langley, BC, Canada Req #223
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Hybrid Langley, BC (Abbotsford in Jan 2023)
Reports to: Accounts Payable Administrator
Position type: Part Time Salaried ( 20 hours per week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team :
The Finance team provides expert financial advice and services in all accounting and financial matters to the organization. We celebrate excellence as we support over 11 ministries and other operations departments within P2C. The finance team ensures that proper accountability, financial integrity, resources optimization, internal controls and compliance have been achieved all the time across the organization.
We are also a collaborative, caring, celebratory and prayerful team.
The successful applicant will report to the Accounts Payable Administrator and support staff and ministries across Canada.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
- Review and process submitted invoices from online app to Dynamics GP in accordance with P2C Finance policy in addition to manually processed invoices.
- Prepare Journals for intercompany expenses
- Prepare Payments by Cheque, EFT, Wire and Credit Card in accordance with vendor terms.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable to the General Ledger
- Other AP related administrative works
- Ad hoc responsibilities as required
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years experience in Accounting with strong Accounts Payable emphasis
- Experience using Dynamics GP is an asset and Intermediate Excel skills are required
- You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- You possess a positive attitude to work and learning
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in Google Suite or equivalent
- You are personally organized, good steward of time
- You have used Accounting software with accounting data entry experience
- You have experience with Not- For-Profit accounting (considered an asset)
- You have experience working with multiple currencies ( an advantage).
- You are intellectually curious, exhibited strong skills in problem-solving, comfortable in asking questions, investigating, research
What We Offer Our Staff:
- Paid vacation
- Free registration for FamilyLife Weekend Getaway
- Extra vacation week from Christmas to New Year
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Langley, BC, Canada