Human Resources Generalist
As an HR team, we recognize and develop the talents, potential and calling of the individual. We help staff flourish so together, we can achieve the mission of Power to Change (P2C). Our team supports the 10 ministries, 1 partner, and departments of P2C in providing guidance, resources, programs, and services.
What words describe our team? We are a collaborative, caring, celebratory, creative, entertaining, and prayerful team.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
1. Ministry and department staff are given professional HR support and coaching including the following areas (55%):
● Performance management
● Handling difficult conversations/situations
● General HR requests - help with Job profiles, Ministry Partner Development (MPD needs), policy interpretations)
● Training and team building activities
● Run and manage the staff objective and development cycle ( staff reviews)
● Oversee the mentorship program
● Participate in special projects and programs as needed
2. Lead the recruitment and evaluation process (30%)
● Work together with directors and leaders from various ministries to discern applicants' suitability for the role
3. Power to Change has effective and proactive Health & Safety and Anti-Bullying & Harassment programs (10%).
● Actively lead and support workplace health and safety initiatives
● Conduct, review and update training for staff in these areas
● Update policies as needed
4. You are an active team member of the HR team participating in the following (5%):
● Team meetings and events
● Weekly P2C Chapel service
● Team weekly Bible studies
● Other team initiatives and activities
● You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for ministry
● You are able to work independently
● You have proven written and verbal communication skills
● You are able to navigate the Google Suite environment and are comfortable with learning new technologies and systems
● You have experience coaching staff in at all levels of an organization
● You have knowledge of employment laws and practices
● You have excellent organizational skills
● You must be technologically savvy and have a continuous improvement mindset.
● You are professional and approachable with the ability to maintain confidentiality
● You love thinking creatively
● You have worked with a non profit organization (preferred)
● You are fluent in French (an asset)
Completion or in process of completion of an appropriate Human Resources Management program or equivalent is required.
Additional related professional or HR certification is preferred such as CPHR Certification.
You have 3 - 5 years minimum experience working in an HR related role specifically in the area of recruitment,
benefit and compensation, employee relations, legal compliance, safety, and training and development.
Experience with Ceridian Dayforce or similar program is considered an asset
Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+hours)
Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
Vacation time between Christmas and New Year
Free registration to FamilyLife Weekend Getaway across Canada
Weekly Chapel services
Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
Discounts at our P2C Store
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Langley, BC, Canada