Program Assistant (Temporary Full-time until June 30,2023)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a temporary full-time Program Assistant position to work until June 30, 2023, on the Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control team in the Healthy Living division.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Supervisor, Tobacco Enforcement on the Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control (CDPTC) Team, the successful candidate will:
- Provide administrative support to the Tobacco, Vaping, Cannabis and Tanning Bed enforcement team
- Prepare legal court packages for charges issued by the Enforcement Officers that proceed to trial
- Conduct corporate searches and the collection of legal documents which support the offence notices being issued by the Enforcement Officers
- Respond to complaints and inquiries from the public
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly schedule for enforcement officers and test shoppers
- Answer the Smoke-Free Info Line (Tier 2 intake line) and the Quit Line (Tier 2 intake line), scheduling appointments, documenting and redirecting calls to appropriate staff as required
- Enter data into databases and excel spreadsheets, running routine reports, filing documents and maintenance of premise lists, and completing other tasks related to record-keeping and signs/product inventory
- Respond to property inquiry requests and maintain inventory of registered convictions
- Maintain accurate shadow budget and process invoices and requests for receipts and invoices
- Taking minutes and preparing agendas for meetings
- Liaising with and responding to requests from the Provincial Offences Court office
- Provide back-up administrative support for other roles within the Chronic Disease Prevention team (including the Quit Clinic), Healthy Communities and Injury Prevention Team and the Tobacco Control Area Network Team; and, perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary program in administrative studies of at least one year, with experience/knowledge in the area of paralegal services or legal clerk duties and responsibilities
- Flexible work hours may be required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive meeting minutes
- Demonstrated ability to prepare spreadsheets and enter data with a high level of accuracy and speed
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Adobe Photoshop and Quipp
- Ability to balance changing priorities and competing work demands with accurate attention to detail in a professional, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in French and/or other languages is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in a legal environment would be considered an asset
To apply to this position, please select “Apply Now” and submit a resume and cover letter as a single document by December 9, 2022. Please note new applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Middlesex-London Health Unit; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is committed to equity in employment. As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from equity-seeking communities including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+. Candidates are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their cover letter, in a transparent manner, as part of the application process. When a candidate voluntarily discloses such information in their application, the information will be kept confidential. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking community will not lead to the advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Citi Plaza, 355 Wellington Street, London, Ontario, Canada