Executive Assistant to Medical Officer of Health
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Executive Assistant to the Medical Officer of Health (MOH). Reporting to the MOH, (or delegate), the Executive Assistant provides professional and confidential executive administrative support to the MOH, the Associate Medical Officer of Health (AMOH), and relevant Committees.
Initiative, leadership, discretion, and efficiency combined with exemplary organization, good problem solving, and strong communication skills, are needed to be successful in this position. The Executive Assistant to the MOH works both independently, and as an integral member of a team. This position may require flexible working hours and some evening work.
The successful candidate will complete executive administration functions including, but not limited to:
- Supporting and advising the MOH and AMOH on commitments, responsibilities and emerging issues;
- Serving as the primary contact for the MOH and AMOH, building and maintaining relationships with community and provincial partners;
- Managing internal and external stakeholder contacts for the MOH and AMOH and triaging issues as required;
- Composing correspondence and communicating to the general public, government agencies, external partners and various levels of the organization on behalf of the MOH;
- Provide administrative coordination and support for Senior Leadership Team meetings;
- Preparing briefings and presentations on various topics;
- Handling and/or directing inquiries and complaints from the general public and staff in a professional and mature manner;
- Providing administrative coordination and support for the MOH and AMOH including but not limited to: managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and follow-up on meeting action items and program deliverables;
- Preparing confidential legal documents and invoices for execution and ensuring proper review processes according to organizational policies and procedures;
- Providing administrative back up support for the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Assistant to the Board of Health, including attending meetings, committee or special meetings and preparing agenda packages and minutes as required;
- Supporting inquiries from administrative staff across the organization and advise on best practices in administrative support.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, or comparable program or an equivalent combination of relevant education/experience;
- 5 years’ experience in senior administration preferably at the executive level, with experience in a unionized environment preferred;
- Proven experience dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues while exercising discretion;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise tact in relating to all levels of staff and the general public;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational abilities and time management skills;
- Able to manage multiple priorities with highly developed problem-solving skills;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills when working with others while maintaining a level of professionalism;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Office applications;
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages highly desirable.
The salary for this position ranges from $71,485 to $84,101, based on qualifications and experience.
To apply to this position select "Apply Now" and submit a resume and cover letter as a single document by December 9, 2022. Please note new applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Middlesex-London Health Unit; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from equity seeking communities including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+. Candidates are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their cover letter, in a transparent manner, as part of the application process. When a candidate voluntarily discloses such information in their application, the information will be kept confidential. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking community will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.
- Pay Type Salary
- Citi Plaza, 355 Wellington Street, London, Ontario, Canada