Physician - Sexual Health
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Physician for our Family Planning and Sexual Health Clinic at Citi Plaza in London, Ontario and at the The Shops on Sydenham. in Strathroy, Ontario.
At MLHU, our goal is to support people in London and Middlesex County to achieve and maintain optimal sexual health and reduce the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancies. We provide evidence-based, client-centered, non-judgmental, confidential, accessible and affordable clinical services.
We are currently seeking a physician to serve clients at the scheduled Family Planning Clinic in London, and the drop-in Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic. This position will require availability to work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening (430pm-8pm) and Friday morning (830-11 am) with casual availability to work other shifts throughout the week as needed.
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating sexually transmitted infections, prescribing birth control and facilitating the achievement and maintenance of sexual and reproductive health.
- Providing effective, client-centered, non-judgmental, confidential, easily accessible and affordable multidisciplinary clinical services.
- Contributing to the learning of current and future health care professionals in the areas of sexual and reproductive health through educational events, clinical placements and participation in relevant research.
- Working within the policies and procedures established by the Middlesex-London Health Unit.
- Current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and Certification from the College of Family Physicians (CCFP), and/or Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC).
- Appropriate coverage under the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) or comparable medical legal coverage.
- Knowledgeable in sexual health, including the diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections and birth control methods.
- Experience working in women’s programs with a sexual health focus, or family practice settings managing sexual health issues would be preferable.
- Skilled in IUD/IUS insertions and venipuncture.
- Previous teaching experience would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Interest and skill in working with populations at risk.
- Strong computer skills would be an asset.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive, non-judgemental service;
- Interest and skills in working with diverse and high-risk populations;
- Willing and able to work evenings;
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by November 27, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Middlesex-London Health Unit; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from equity seeking communities including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+. Candidates are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their cover letter, in a transparent manner, as part of the application process. When a candidate voluntarily discloses such information in their application, the information will be kept confidential. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking community will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.
- Pay Type Salary
- 355 Wellington St, London, ON N6A, Canada