You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality. McIntosh Perry offers a remote/hybrid work environment, working from home with access to any of our Ontario based offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Environmental team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and technical expertise on environmental assessment (Federal, Provincial and Municipal) and related projects;
- Leading the Environmental Assessment for complex Group C, B (MTO) and Schedule B, C (Municipal) EA projects;
- Providing guidance and mentorship to Junior and Intermediate Environmental Planners, fostering productive and positive working relationships;
- Proactively approaching, engaging and resolving concerns during active projects;
- Preparing technical reports to supporting environmental projects;
- Leading/assisting in the preparation of proposals as part of the Environmental Assessment Team;
- Seeking opportunities and expanding the business, leveraging your skills, expertise and client base;
- Leading writing and coordinating proposals for new projects, and;
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Environmental Science or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in Environmental Planning/Management, leading/assisting EA projects;
- Demonstrated experience in application of MTO and Municipal Class EA process, and familiarity with the Canadian Impact Assessment Act and the IEA process and TPAP process (Reg. 231/08);
- Previous experience in consulting environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French communication skills an asset);
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment;
- Strong critical thinking, sound judgement, organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail;
- Possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have access to a vehicle for occasional use, and;
- Ability to travel as needed for various projects.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program.
- Ottawa, ON, Canada