You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertakes and manages transportation planning and traffic engineering studies including:
- multi-modal studies
- transportation master plans (TMP)
- municipal class environmental assessments (EA) studies
- active transportation (AT) studies/projects
- transportation demand management (TDM) studies
- parking studies
- traffic safety studies
- transportation impact studies (TIS)
- Actively participates in the preparation of proposals and writing reports including EAs, TMPs, AT, etc;
- Coordinates public and stakeholder consultation activities on transportation projects;
- Attends and participates at client, stakeholders, and public meetings;
- Conduct and lead field studies (site visits, inventories, traffic, and parking counts, etc);
- Mentor and supervise staff related to transportation planning and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary solutions;
- Maintain existing client relationships and assists the Assistant Vice President with business development activities;
- Identify and participate in the acquisition of new clients and work (research and liaise with clients, network within the industry);
- Assists with staff development and works in a team environment;
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, internal and external leads;
- Assists the Assistant Vice President with business development activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering/ Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario or Registered Professional Planner (RPP) from Ontario Professional Planning Institute;
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors;
- Project coordination and management experience;
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals;
- Good communication and leadership abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal and provincial review processes;
- Experience with GIS (ArcGIS) and using other transportation software (e.g. Auto Turn, Synchro/ Simtraffic, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun).
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program.