Building Science Project Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our building quality assurance services cover all phases of the project. We work closely with our clients throughout the entire life cycle of the project and are the leading experts in Quality Assurance.
Our professional engineers have worked on buildings of all sizes across Canada and provide construction management consulting to our clients.
We are considered the preeminent providers of Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 Field Review Consultant services for condominiums. We fully understand the myriad of regulations in the Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 program and are one of the largest providers of B19 services in Ontario.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
Our GTA office is based in Vaughan, although we offer remote work environment, working from home and in the field supporting projects across the Greater Toronto Area, Barrie, Ottawa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Building Quality Assurance team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to client requests for proposals, including drafting of proposals;
- Providing input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity and technical knowledge;
- Performing on-site investigation of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures to evaluate issues and develop reports of Builders, landlords and other stakeholders;
- Assisting builders and developers in addressing new construction deficiencies, or responding to claims of deficiencies;
- Drafting reports and communicating the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Assisting in continuous improvement of the department's work, and;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education in related field Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Diploma in Architectural / Engineering Technology, Construction Management / Technology, or a construction-related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in residential/commercial/industrial construction and building assessments;
- In depth knowledge of Construction Systems and assemblies;
- Experience in building envelope including roofing and waterproofing;
- Experience with field or lab testing of window and railing systems would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of high-rise residential construction and the Tarion warranty program;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; and
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance to travel to work on construction projects within Ontario.
WHY WORK FOR MCINTOSH PERRY?
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality ad successful projects. We are also the Platinum Club Winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program.
- Barrie, ON, Canada
- Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada