Project Manager, Structural
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Structural Engineering team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading structural engineering projects including detailed design and support during the construction phase;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposal submissions;
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff;
- Designing and stamping medium to complex designs, and;
- Assisting to identify and develop new business opportunities;
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Design skills with good working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- 3 – 5 years of Project Management experience;
- Strong technical skills with experience in ETABS, S-FRAME and SAP;
- Experienced with project management and has worked in, or understands the consulting engineering environment is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience liaising with clients, architects and property managers; and
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position qualifies for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program.
- Ottawa, ON, Canada