Transportation - Traffic Engineer
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
- Undertakes and manages transportation planning and traffic engineering studies including:
- multi-modal studies
- transportation master plans (TMP)
- municipal class environmental assessments (EA) studies
- active transportation (AT) studies/projects
- transportation demand management (TDM) studies
- parking studies
- traffic safety studies
- transportation impact studies (TIS)
- Acting as Project Manager and providing overall work management and technical performance on projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Actively participates in the preparation of proposals and writing reports including EAs, TMPs, AT, TIS, parking studies, etc;
- Providing mentorship, guidance, quality control, support and oversight of junior and intermediate staff to complete various traffic engineering tasks;
- Attends and participates at client, stakeholders, and public meetings;
- Conduct and lead field studies (site visits, inventories, traffic, and parking counts, etc);
- Identify and participate in the acquisition of new clients and work (research and liaise with clients, network within the industry);
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, internal and external leads;
- Completing traffic modelling and analysis with applicable design software (Synchro, VISSIM, etc.); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Transportation Engineering/Civil Engineering;
- Eligible for P.Eng. License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in traffic engineering services in the consulting sector;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal and provincial review processes;
- Project coordination and management experience;
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals;
- Good communication and leadership abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Experience with GIS (ArcGIS), and using Auto Cad and Auto Turn software;
- Ability to manage technical analysis, using tools such as Synchro / Simtraffic; and
- Experience using other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro).
- Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada