Intermediate Structural Engineer
Coquitlam, BC, Canada ● Virtual Req #84
Monday, November 7, 2022
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Structural Engineering team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing engineering service proposals for senior review;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Leading the engineering design and managing the project team, schedule and budget on a variety of projects;
- Providing technical direction and peer review for junior team members;
- Designing and stamping medium to complex designs;
- Preparing specifications and drawings for building permit and tender;
- Maintaining a technical advisory role for clients throughout the project term;
- Overseeing and providing construction review services;
- Preparing technical specifications and reports;
- Overseeing the work of engineering interns and technologists and providing guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Completion of a university degree in Structural Engineering;
- Up to 5 years of design experience on structural engineering projects in Ontario;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario or in process of becoming a P. Eng.;
- Familiar with all applicable building codes and design standards;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit;
- Working knowledge of structural design software (SFRAME, SAP, Woodworks, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and time management;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program.
- Coquitlam, BC, Canada