Intermediate Process Engineer
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #80
Friday, November 4, 2022
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Energy Process Engineering team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising between clients and operations staff, equipment vendors and third-party contractors in project planning and execution in areas of specialization;
- Conducting independent studies, operating data analyses, interpretations and conclusions within the scope of various assigned projects;
- Drawing from previous experience and technical expertise; provide pro-active recommendations to clients;
- Coordinating completion of Process Engineering tasks and deliverables with other engineering disciplines within McIntosh Perry;
- Provide Process Engineering services according to project or assignment criteria to achieve safe, cost-effective and efficient project outcomes;
- Prepare and implement project scope specifications, manpower / cost estimations and budgetary support for project controls;
- Knowledge of and ability to support Management of Change (MOC) processes;
- Provide input on equipment design and materials selection, and Process Engineering deliverables in accordance with project requirements;
- Participate in the ongoing development of McIntosh Perry engineering standards and procedures; and
- Provide input and direction to drafting leads and project administration staff, as required.
- Providing competent technological advice and direction within the Process Engineering Group, as well as to other departments;
- Completing conceptual and detailed process engineering designs for new facilities, as well as additions/changes to existing facilities;
- Conducting system capacity and debottlenecking studies for existing oil and gas production, processing and transportation facilities and pipelines;
- Participate in / prepare FEED studies and project proposals and reports for the aforementioned scopes of work;
- Able to carry out and evaluate detailed equipment and system design calculations, utilizing a variety of tools from spreadsheet-based, to rigorous process simulation methods (Hysys, Symmetry, PipeSim, etc.);
- Ensuring that process designs meet recommended and required safety standards through active participation in HAZOP and similar Design and Operability Reviews.
- Provide process specifications for the design and operation of equipment;
- Creating, reviewing and revising PFDs, P&IDs, Heat & Material Balances, equipment data sheets, Control Philosophies and Narratives, as well as Shut Down Keys;
- Design Basis Memorandums (DBM), Process Engineering inputs to Project Execution Plans (PEP);
- Providing technical oversight and support to other Process Engineers as needed;
- Knowledgeable in applying relevant design standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for tasks, and identify areas of deviation or concern;
- Troubleshooting, utilizing technical expertise and providing recommendations/solutions to clients; and
- Ensuring and maintaining the quality of Process Engineering work and deliverables within the project.
- Chemical or Process Engineering degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA or working towards it;
- Must have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Previous comparable EPCM experience is considered an asset;
- Field / Operational exposure and Troubleshooting experience is considered an asset;
- Travel as required to field locations to ensure the successful execution of projects;
- Process design experience within the conventional upstream oil and gas market; with specific exposure to sweet and sour gas plants and oil facilities;
- Proficient in review and development of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment design and sizing, as well as HAZOP and general troubleshooting support;
- Ability to prepare and evaluate Process simulations using HYSYS, Symmetry, PipeSim;
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal design codes and safety regulations;
- Mature experience in engineering work planning, risk management and project control methods;
- Experience making independent decisions within area of expertise;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with personnel and clients; and
- Willingness to work and adapt in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Calgary, AB, Canada