Junior Project Engineer
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #41
Friday, November 4, 2022
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Engineering, Energy team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, interpret or review calculations, specifications, plans, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features;
- Accompany and assist senior engineers to gather and interpret field data;
- Participate in facility planning and design;
- Work with drafting staff to prepare schematic, process and equipment drawings, layouts and other deliverables;
- Perform review and evaluation of equipment vendor design data, calculations and drawings and communicate with supplier and client personnel;
- Prepare regulatory submissions for facility projects to the AER and ABSA and other bodies as required;
- Coordinate material and equipment procurement and scheduling with vendor and field personnel during construction phases; and
- Depending on experience level, provide guidance to less experienced technical and administrative staff.
- Engineering degree from an accredited university with 0 to 3 years relevant experience;
- Registration as a Member in Training with APEGA;
- Familiarity and experience with engineering computer programs, work planning and control methods is an asset;
- Ability to work and adapt in a flexible, fast-paced environment;
- Travel as required to ensure the successful execution of projects; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Calgary, AB, Canada