Senior Project Manager - Highway Engineer
Kingston, ON, Canada ● Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada Req #76
Thursday, November 3, 2022
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as a senior project manager for MTO preliminary and detail design transportation projects;
- Providing mentorship, technical guidance, support, and oversight to other engineers and technical staff working on your projects;
- Preparing preliminary and detailed designs for ranging from freeways, urban and rural multi-lane and two-lane facilities, interchanges, and intersections;
- Ensuring that corporate and client QA/QC practices are completed on all projects;
- Coordinating with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc.;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders;
- Overseeing the preparation of technical reports, contract documents, design drawings, quantity estimates, and cost estimates;
- Providing guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, developing work proposal/project work plans, schedules, budgets, fees. and negotiations;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on highway engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met; and
- Working with senior management in the Highway Engineering Team to execute strategic growth and business initiatives.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- Has developed an excellent reputation working with MTO;
- Experienced with project management and has worked in, or has an understanding of the consulting engineering environment;
- Thorough knowledge in Highway/Transportation Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven design capabilities;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- 15+ years of progressive related experience in highway design, including MTO highway design;
- Ability to be approved in the MTO RAQS system for various specialties within the Detail and/or Preliminary Design categories; and
- Demonstrated aptitude for, and interest in, business development.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kingston, ON, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada