Project Controls Lead
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #75
Friday, October 28, 2022
McIntosh Perry Energy Ltd (MPE) has been providing the oil and gas industry in Alberta with facility design engineering consulting services since 1971. MPE has created an environment where people aren't just coming to a job, they are here to build long-term successful careers. We encourage our employees to advance their talents, develop new skills and find balance between their professional and personal lives. We offer a dynamic, fun and passionate environment that focuses on our core values of integrity and professionalism.
We currently have an opportunity for a Projects Control Lead to join our established team in the Energy industry.
As a Project Controls Lead, you will be responsible for the administrative aspects of a project in relation to project controls including project planning/initiation, scope, resource, quality, cost, schedule, & risk management, reporting & project closeout. In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between project managers and the project teams. The role requires collaboration with department/group managers and multiple Project Managers who have several clients and active projects.
- Develop complete understanding of project plans, required deliverables and contract/master service agreement project control requirements;
- Work with Project Managers to develop and maintain project schedules using appropriate techniques and scheduling software;
- Work with Project Managers on Project Execution Plans (PEPs) for major projects;
- Manage project document control; ensure integrity of processes to send/receive drawings and other project documents. Work with and delegate to Project Administrators on project documentation and closeout requirements;
- Prepare project control deliverables such as schedule, cost & KPI reports using information generated from project management systems for client reporting;
- Monitor/control the project costs and cost reporting to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage and execute the project reporting for cost, schedule, KPI, and scope management for both internal and external requirements;
- Monitor subcontractor progress and incorporate it into the overall progress management for the projects;
- Execute the scope change management process;
- Assist managers in implementing the project and corporate specific programs;
- Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes;
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills; and
- Present on a periodic basis the projects status to internal and external stakeholders in written reporting, live & virtual meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and education in project or field engineering;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project controls of cost, schedule, and scope management;
- Experience in Western Canada oil & gas (Energy) industry Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) services would be an asset;
- Proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization, delegation as well as teaching and mentoring;
- Proficient with MS suite of software (MS Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.);
- Proficient with project scheduling software such as MS Project, Primavera; and
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software such as Deltek would be an asset.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
With our continued growth, we are always looking for talented people who can operate efficiently in a multi-project environment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada