Building Science Technologist
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
- Performing reserve fund study, performance audit, and condition assessment services for the owners and operators of industrial, commercial, residential, and institutional buildings;
- Conducting on-site review and documentation of site work, structural framing, building envelope, mechanical systems, plumbing equipment, electrical systems, conveying equipment, and interior finishes;
- Drafting and finalizing reports and communicating the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Maintaining open communication with internal and external stakeholders, including changes in services/scope of work, identifying potential risks/project challenges and managing expectations;
- Consulting on apparent life-cycle, remaining life, and probable repair or replacement strategies;
- Developing Class D, order-of-magnitude, cost estimates for the strategies;
- Formulating cash flow scenarios related to short-, medium-, and long-term repair and replacement needs;
- Providing input, as required, on project execution strategies from the perspective of overall efficiency, creativity, and technical acumen;
- Assisting in continuous improvement of the department's work such as BIM modelling, data analysis and forecasts, and AI ;
- Assisting with proposal requests, including preparing proposals and attending mandatory site visits; and,
- Performing other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of costing construction systems and assemblies (including site work, structural framing, building envelope, mechanical systems, plumbing equipment, electrical systems, conveying equipment, and interior finishes);
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) in a related field (civil or structural engineering, building or architectural science, mechanical engineering, or an applied science);
- P. Eng., M.A.A.T.O., C.E.T., PQS, or C. Tech designations or eligibility to obtain is considered an asset;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects also considered an asset;
- Passionate about science, technology, engineering, math, finances, and problem-solving;
- Meticulous attention to details;
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams), SharePoint, One Drive;
- Willing to work in a hybrid environment and travel on short notice across Canada;
- Be able to work in all weather conditions, and
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada