Contract Administrator (Kingston, ON)
Kingston, ON, Canada Req #127
Thursday, March 16, 2023
About the Role
McIntosh Perry, a recognized leader of Contract Administration (CA), has been providing CA and Construction Inspection (CI) services to municipalities, the Ministry of Transportation Ontario, and private clients for nearly two decades.
McIntosh Perry’s CA team has evolved to include a multi-disciplinary team of project managers, contract administrators, inspection staff (senior and junior), and other technical support staff.
McIntosh Perry’s approach to CA is simple in that effective communication and proactive planning, as well as drawing on the demonstrated experience of key team members, will ensure that projects of any scale and complexity are delivered successfully.
Our Contract Administration team actively resolves contract issues and negotiates any extra work needed to execute each project successfully. Throughout every project, CA teams lead project meetings. We build working relationships with project stakeholders to ease interactions and promote adherence to contract documents.
We are looking to build a strong roster of candidates we can call upon to support our Clients throughout Ontario with Contract Administration and Resident Engineer services during the 2023 construction season.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a leader within of our Contract Administration Division, you will be responsible for all aspects of contract administration on your assigned project. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising Site Inspectors working on various construction site projects at different field office locations;
- Reviewing and understanding relevant OPSS and contract special provisions.
- Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Inspecting construction operations from time to time to ensure compliance with contract documents, quality and safety standards.
- Verifying quantities, preparing progress reports and maintaining documentation.
- Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing the contractor’s critical path schedules.
- As an extension of these efforts, the McIntosh Perry CA team reconciles progress payments in a timely manner and maintains compliance with the prompt payment requirements defined by contract documents and statutory regulations.
- Proactively looking for issues, recommending mitigation measures, evaluating incidents early and adapting as needed.
- Promoting and overseeing compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Preparing reporting, quantity measurements, claims and payment certifications.
- Liaising with contractors and clients; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – all levels
- University degree or College diploma in Civil Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience as a Contract Administrator, Resident Engineer, office person or clerk supporting these roles.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook), familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D would be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and attention to detail skills;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations within the area;
EXPERIENCE – Clerk, OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR, Assistant CA
- Registered as EIT with the PEO or OACETT designation as a rcji / rcji / rcca; or ability to obtain this designation within 6 months;
- 3-5 years experience in structural, watermain, asphalt, and/or grade construction on MTO or municipal projects;
EXPERIENCE – Contract Administrator
- Registered as EIT or P.Eng. with the PEO or OACETT designation as rcca; Completion of MTO T131 - Advanced Claims - Dispute Resolution course;
- Demonstrated experience as a Contract Administrator (CA) or Assistant Contract Administrator(ACA) on at least two (2) previous projects;
- 5+ years experience in structural, watermain, asphalt, and/or grade construction on MTO or municipal projects;
Why Join McIntosh Perry?
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program. If you have been referred, please provide the employee name at the time of application (Excellent Together 'employee name').
- Kingston, ON, Canada