Construction/Engineering Field Inspector (Greater Toronto Area)
Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada Req #121
Thursday, March 16, 2023
About the Role
McIntosh Perry, a recognized leader of Contract Administration (CA), has been providing CA and Construction Inspection (CI) services to municipalities, the Ministry of Transportation Ontario, and private clients for nearly two decades.
McIntosh Perry’s CA team has evolved to include a multi-disciplinary team of project managers, contract administrators, inspection staff (senior and junior), and other technical support staff.
McIntosh Perry’s Construction Inspection teams are the “eyes and ears” of the owner. We consistently deliver construction in a timely and efficient manner, verify the contractor adheres to regulations and contract specifications, and ensure fair compensation is provided for completed work.
McIntosh Perry CI teams maintain a detailed daily diary of the contractor’s work, instructions provided, issues encountered, and change management employed.
We are looking to build a strong roster of candidates we can call upon to support our Clients in throughout Ontario with engineering and construction inspection, at all experience levels, during the 2023 construction season.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Contract Administration Group, under the direction of our Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for field inspection assignments for construction sites throughout Ontario. For each project, we strategically select staff based on proximity and required proficiency.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting construction of various projects to ensure compliance with contract documents, quality and safety standards.
- Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Identifying and acting on contractual and regulatory infractions.
- Verifying quantities, preparing progress reports and maintaining documentation.
- Liaising with contractors and other stakeholders; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – all levels
- University degree or College diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in engineering and construction inspection works.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations within the area.
EXPERIENCE – Junior Inspector
- 1-3 years related work experience;
- Registered as EIT with the PEO or OACETT designation as a rcji; or ability to obtain this designation within 6 months;
EXPERIENCE – Senior Inspector
- 3-5 years experience in structural, watermain, asphalt, and/or grade inspection on MTO or municipal projects;
- Demonstrated experience as a Construction Inspector on at least two (2) previous projects;
- Registered as EIT or P. Eng. with the PEO or OACETT designation as rcsi; or ability to obtain this designation within 6 months
Why Work for McIntosh Perry?
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program. If you have been referred, please provide the employee name at the time of application (Excellent Together ' employee name').
- Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada