Fire Alarm Technician (Port Coquitlam)
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada Req #79
Friday, January 13, 2023
Levitt-Safety has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and customer focused Fire Alarm Technician to join our Port Coquitlam team in British Columbia.
As the successful candidate, you must exert a high level of confidence in performing verification, certification, maintenance, inspections, and repairs on fire alarm systems as per applicable fire codes.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay tied to your experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP and other group health insurance benefits for you and your family
- Company-matched RRSP contribution plan
- Annual profit-sharing opportunity
- A company culture based on our Face of Levitt-Safety Fundamentals and family values, where we truly believe that people are our most important asset
- Regular inspections and maintenance of fire alarm systems and equipment including repairs and documenting deficiencies, according to NFPA guidelines
- Verify newly installed fire alarm systems, breaker panels associated to fire alarms and complete verification reports and program addressable panels
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on fire alarm, fire suppression and fore sprinkler pumps and emergency lighting systems
- Maintain code mandated records of all inspections, testing, repairs, and system impairments and other associated paperwork per Levitt ISO standards
- Coordinate and supervise sub-contractors as required and assist in special project management working closely with the design team project manager
- Respond to afterhours emergency calls
- Ongoing participation in health and safety initiatives including the development of JHAs and safe work practices relevant to the role
- Being the face of Levitt-Safety for our customers and their onsite safety needs
- Must be capable of performing all physical tasks associated with technician duties including lifting and carrying of weights up to 50lbs unassisted, reaching above shoulder height, bending, crouching, kneeling and working from ladders.
- Frequent walking throughout buildings and customer sites as well as climbing up and down stairs, and standing for extended periods
- Post-secondary education ideally in a fire protection engineering program
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in fire detection, special hazards, and programming addressable panels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as technology savvy
- Working knowledge of applicable NFPA, ULC and fire codes
- Ability to complete security clearance for sire access
Levitt-Safety is committed to the principle of employment equity in the workplace and ensures that our practices of hiring are based on qualifications and ability. We invite all applicants, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Indigenous Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. We understand that experience comes in many forms and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us at email@example.com in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada