C++ Programming Instructor
C++ Programming Instructor
LaSalle College Vancouver is looking for a C++ programming instructor within our gaming program to introduce students to computer programming in C++. Topics covered include object-oriented concepts such as classes, namespaces, inheritance, object-oriented designs, polymorphism, type casting, virtual functions, dynamic memory allocations, const-correctness, advanced data structures and dynamic memory. Students will simulate real world problem solving, troubleshooting, maintenance and testing using C++ related to video game programming.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that seek to respond to professional market demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world-class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
Summary of Position: The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. They provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. The successful candidate encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
Incumbent must ensure that the LaSalle College Vancouver philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Provides competency-based education which aligns with the LaSalle College Vancouver model of curricula as well as supports the LaSalle College Vancouver style of system delivery.
2. Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and delivers the instruction as approved.
3. Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
4. Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
5. Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
6. Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
7. Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation, open houses and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
8. Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Reports To: Program Director & Chief Academic Officer
Interacts With: Academic department, other school/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
a) Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in a discipline related to the courses taught, Master’s degree preferred.
b) Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
c) Work experience in C++ programming required. Experience in game programming and C++ 11 & 14 a bonus.
a) Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
b) Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
c) Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
d) Excellent computer literacy skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Visual Studio, MySQL, NoSQL, Github, and knowledge of Unity Game Engine a bonus.
a) Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
b) Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
c) Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
d) Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
Please apply on indeed or visit our website at www.lasallecollegevancouver.com/about-us/careers
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
- Job Family Vancouver
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75.00
- LaSalle College Vancouver, 2665, RENFREW STREET, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada