Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment through progressive design?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Focus on continued growth and development?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of local and global projects?
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires a Civil Design Drafter to support the growing team in our Toronto office.
You will have the opportunity to work on various large-scale, world-class civil infrastructure, water resources, power generation and mining projects. The work may involve supporting the engineering of mine tailings and waste management facilities, mine water and wastewater management networks, regional water management infrastructure, urban stormwater management systems and transportation infrastructure projects in Saskatchewan, as well as other locations in North America.
KCB continues to expand and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. This role will give you the opportunity to advance your career in our One Team culture that values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals on large-scale, world-class projects in a variety of market sectors and deliver high-quality engineering and environmental services to our clients.
Our new team member will have previous experience using AutoCAD or Civil 3D, a Degree or Diploma in Geomatics, Geography, Civil Engineering or a related field, and more than 4 years of related work experience.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of civil engineering projects, including water storage and tailings dams, foundations and geohazards, infrastructure, roads, surface water drainage, flood and erosion protection works, culverts and irrigation canals.
- Process topographic survey data for design and drafting.
- Undertake terrain and geological 3D modelling and earthworks designs.
- Prepare engineering drawings (plans, profiles, cross-sections and details) to specified drawing standards.
- Work in a respectful and multidisciplinary team environment that fosters professional development and personal growth.
- Continue your career development by utilizing your civil drafting abilities using Civil 3D and AutoCAD to execute projects from concept to completion.
- Receive in-house and external training depending on project and HSE requirements.
- Collaborate with KCB employees from other offices in Canada and our international offices on large, technically complex projects.
- Benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high-quality engineering and environmental excellence.
- Work in an open door, community environment.
We value your:
- Civil 3D drafting or design experience in Earthworks and Civil Engineering in Infrastructure and Mining environments.
- Proficiency using the latest version of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Exposure to other software such as Global Mapper, Map3D, OpenGround module for Civil 3D (an asset but not required).
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our internal clients and project teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interoffice and general project correspondence.
- Strong initiative, original thinking, innovation and commitment to technical excellence, as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret the work, actively collaborate with the project team and successfully execute the deliverable.
- Initiative, positive work ethic and commitment to continuous learning.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
- Job Family Technicians
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 1361 Paris Street, Unit 101, 1361 Paris Street, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Richmond-Adelaide Centre, Suite 801 – 120 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada