Location: Vancouver, BC
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Founded in 2003, Livestock is Canada’s premier lifestyle apparel and footwear boutique, having opened its first retail store in Vancouver, Canada. Today, Livestock has grown to four retail store locations across Canada, with two shops in Toronto, one in Vancouver’s Chinatown, and our latest location in Winnipeg. Meanwhile, our omni-channel online store ships to hundreds of countries worldwide. Livestock curates the highest quality collections from a variety of carefully selected brands including Nike, Brain Dead, adidas, Carhartt WIP, Converse, G-SHOCK and tons more; including our in-house Livestock label. We are of the firm belief that style is not defined by exclusivity or price, and we apply that mantra to every piece that we select, every item that we design, and every collaboration that we compose.
Our merchandising team is looking for a Buyer to join our quickly growing and developing team at Livestock! We pride ourselves on our excellent products, so your main responsibilities will include managing stock levels by selecting new products and reviewing the old, and identifying suitable suppliers/ manufactures. Most importantly, you will ensure that all of our stores are stocked with the perfect items for our customers.
- Works cross-functionally with Planner, Allocator and Visual Merchandiser to set assortment, implement strategy, manage open to buy and place re-orders.
- Assortment selection, flow, life cycle and distribution across multiple channels and locations.
- Create, implement, and report on seasonal merchandising strategy.
- Works with marketing to create a product marketing plan that drives traffic and generates excitement.
- Understands how to balance the needs of the consumer, the brand, and the company.
- Actively searches for new brands and products that will protect the company’s top tier position within the marketplace.
- In partnership with the Planner, manages sell-through, markdowns, and exit channels for all product within the portfolio.
- Analyse and report on weekly, monthly, and seasonal performance.
Meets or exceeds sales, margin, and inventory targets.
- 2+ years of experience as a Buyer or Merchant in a multi-brand retailer.
- Experience opening new stores is preferred.
- Experience and passion for working in footwear and sportswear
- Exceptional communication skills: oral, visual, written.
- Experience using excel, including pivot tables.
- Must be a team player and look to work collaboratively.
- You solicit feedback from peers, management, and consumers.
- Must be organized and detail oriented
To match our culture, focused on creativity, innovation and love for fashion, we offer our employees unique benefits such as product discounts, learning & development allowance, social events, in-office showers and a stocked snack pantry!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver Office - JDSF Retail, 6 - 941 East Hastings St., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada