Newcomer Knowledge Hub - Data Analyst
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #234
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
For over 40 years, Immigrant Services Calgary has been an integral part of the Calgary community, working to make a meaningful difference in the lives of newcomers. Through our work, we ensure families and individuals have the support they need to successfully begin a new chapter of their lives in Canada.
We continually innovate in our work, reimagining and transforming the newcomer experience to make it easier for our clients to access the support they need to thrive. We collaborate with partner agencies, governments, organizations, and community advocates, to help immigrants and refugees build thriving lives in our community.
Immigrant Services Calgary helps over 10,000 newcomers each year, connecting them to programs and services to unleash their potential.
Our Vision: Unleashing the economic, social, and civic potential of clients.
Our Mission: Connecting newcomers to the right service at the right agency every time.
Reporting directly to the Director, Research & Policy Development, the Data Analyst is a pivotal member of the core team developing the Newcomer Knowledge Hub. Working closely with a dynamic, inter-disciplinary group of professionals dedicated to revolutionizing the immigrant-serving sector in Calgary and Alberta, the Data Analyst is integral in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large amounts of data linked to the Social Determinants of Health. This role will identify information gaps and trends to prioritize future work and improve client service, practice, policies, and societal systems. Beyond the technical and leadership skill set required, the role demands a creative, critical thinker with excellent communication skills and a systematic approach to problem-solving. The Data Analyst will turn raw data into information and information into insight with a goal to move the sector forward in enhanced database decisions, partnerships, and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Database Manager in developing, managing, operating, and maintaining the Newcomer Knowledge Hub data platform and management systems, providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, data cleansing, and data presentation.
- Lead the management of master data including processes for data collection, creation, and updating.
- Ensure data security and privacy; control of users and user roles; commissioning and decommissioning of data sets as relevant; data accuracy and integrity; and troubleshooting data issues.
- Develop and manage methodologies and processes for a large-scale database linked to the Social Determinants of Health with large newcomer-focused data sets, data analysis, and data reporting.
- Retrieve, process, and analyze large amounts of data to summarize findings in an understandable way for stakeholders that improve decision-making.
- Involve in planning, integration, and communication roll-out of Dynamic Dashboards.
- Collaborate with internal/ external stakeholders to assess potential opportunities and risks for data mining, storage, analysis, and reporting.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources linked to the Social Determinants of Health.
- Ensure quality assurance of imported or existing data including removal of corrupted data, fixes for coding errors and related problems, and filtering to “clean” data.
- Prepare process and/or workflow documentation for data integrity.
- Implement data modeling techniques.
- Understand and address metadata standards.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used to determine the success of specific initiatives.
- Use statistical tools and techniques to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets.
- Analyze local, national, and global trends impacting the newcomer client support sector.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Monitor performance, quality control plans, and identify improvements.
- Prepare final analysis reports for stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to make important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Communicate through bi-weekly project status reporting, monthly KPIs, and periodic funder, governance and partner reporting trends and patterns.
- Monitor user feedback to improve satisfaction and efficiency.
- Assist the Database Manager to assess deployment of database system tests and implementation.
- Assist the Database Manager with strategic decisions for the database technology platform selection.
- Advise and uphold data governance strategies with focus on privacy and confidentiality.
- Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Create standards for data administration policies for internal/external database users to follow.
- Attend orientation for the Newcomer Knowledge Hub and the Gateway System and be able to clearly articulate key talking points.
- Co-present in the annual Metropolis Conference the Dynamic Collaborative (policy roundtable).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, information management, or related field with emphasis on statistical and analytical skills
- 3-5+ years’ work experience in data analysis.
- Technical proficiency regarding database design, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages (e.g., MS Excel, SPSS, SAS).
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau, Qlik.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases with demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceedingly detail-oriented with the ability to explain large amounts of data in a simple, organized manner.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Experience working with both qualitative and quantitative research data sets, statistics, and interpretations.
- Proven project coordination and time management abilities; excellent priority management and contingency planning skills.
- High-level communication skills, proficient in both oral and written English; French language an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment with cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Willingness to work from satellite locations and occasional nights and weekends when necessary.
- Database administration and partnership management skills preferred.
- Salesforce CRM experience an asset.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume together as one document.
- Please name your cover letter/resume file using the format: First and Last Name – Data Analyst
The deadline for application is Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We are honoured to work on the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada